For optimum results in the manufacture of your ZAMAK parts, we recommend the use of our ZAMAK, an alloy specially designed to obtain high quality parts. See our section
All our products have Technical Data Sheet (TDS) and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Do not hesitate to ask for more information.
Advantages of zamak centrifugal casting molds
The manufacture of parts using silicone molds for the centrifugal casting of zamak offers numerous advantages over other processes. The main ones are as follows:
- (castings or castings) of highly complex geometries
- High dimensional stability
- Molds with a much longer service life than molds for other materials
- Reduced need, and therefore lower costs, in the use of tools
- Faster melting cycles
- Savings on post-melting machining
- Easier surface treatment after part manufacturing (painting, chrome plating, zinc plating, etc.).
MAKING OF THE MOLDS
The manufacturing process of the zamak centrifugal casting molds begins with a study of the different variables that will determine the functionality and productivity of the mold.
The main variables are:
- Thermal resistance
- Mechanical resistance
- Flexibility required to demold the part
- Diameters and exact dimensions of the part to be produced
- Mold part removal system
During the mold casting process, we perform mold filling simulations, which allows us to guarantee a perfect result in the production of the parts and their dimensional stability.
Finally, we pay careful attention to the safety and technical information we provide to our customers to ensure that the production of parts with our zamak molds delivers the desired quality and cost-effectiveness.
ADVANTAGES OF CENTRIFUGAL ZAMAK CASTING
Zamak is a 100% recyclable material, which can be purchased at affordable prices and has excellent properties. These factors make zamak the most cost-effective material for the production of parts by centrifugal casting in silicone molds.
Zamak is used to manufacture parts and components in a wide variety of industries: automotive, construction, electrical, hardware, electronics, jewelry, costume jewelry, sporting goods, decoration, clothing, handbags and telephony, among others.
Zamak is a material created by alloying different metals such as zinc, aluminum, magnesium and copper. The result of this combination of metals is a versatile material that is commonly used to create parts by centrifugal casting in silicone molds.
Zamak allows the production of parts with high precision and reproducibility of details. It has a number of characteristics that make it an ideal material for the production of parts:
- High shock and tensile strength
- Flexibility, plasticity and adaptability to any form
- Can be chrome plated, painted and machined
- Clean material, attracts little dirt